Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baked Chicken

I got this recipe from Pioneer Woman but changed it slightly

Ingredients

24 Chicken Legs or whatever you prefer.
2 sticks of Butter (however maybe able to use some butter and some EVOO)
1 tbs Cajun Seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama)
Garlic Power (If you wish)
Onion Power (If you wish)
1/2 C lemon Juice.

Now I'll just preface this by saying I think I picked up the bigger chicken legs and so there were about 6 of those. Mike doesn't like legs so I picked him up 6 Chicken Wings. That way we both got what we want.

Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.

And since I wasn't making as much I only used one stick of butter. I did use the tablespoon of Slap Ya Mama but also sprinkled in some Garlic and Onion Power.
Mixed all of that together until hot.

Place chicken leg/wing one by one in the mixture coating. Place on pan. When all are complete drip over remaining sauce and then sprinkle Slap Ya Mama over it.

Bake for 30 minutes.

I would suggest sprinkling some seasoning on both sides because Mike thought the one side was too bare.

I would also put the broiler on just for a few minutes after your 30 minutes to get that skin a little more crispy.

This was a great meal though and pretty healthy. Yes even though you're using butter most of it falls off and the fat drippings are left at the bottom.

No comments: