Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Inspiration

So I saw the previews for the movie Julia & Julie. It's based somewhat on Julia Childs' life but also about this girl named Julie who has a boring life and decides she's going to make a recipe from Julia's book every day and blog about it.

Well I don't have Julia Child's book but I do have quite a few others. I first picked up the Fine Dinging in Louisiana book but quickly realized that would be silly because some of those amazing recipes could only be reserved for the weekend...not something I'll have time to whip on on a week night.

So then I pulled out my 2008 Southern Living Cookbook. What's great about this cookbook is it'll have a few recipes in certain months based around the holidays and a few recipes in a specific food category...but then it'll also have a full on meal with main course, side, dessert, and sometimes drink. So those can be reserved for Saturday and Sunday's.

Now of course not every night will be a Southern Living night because Mr. B travels and sometimes we may want some takeout or we'll be out of town but my goal is to try and do as many in a month as I can.

Whoo I'm excited.

I won't start until Sunday because I have two awesome recipes to try Friday and Saturday.

Friday I'm going to be making Shrimp & Cheese Grit Cakes with Bacon Vinaigrette. I got this out of my latest issue of Food & Wine.

Saturday I'm going to be making Horseradish & Herb Crusted Beef Roast with Prosciutto Garlic Asparagus. Even though I didn't get this out of the magazine per say when I was looking on the site for Friday's recipe (Since I was at work and didn't have my magazine with me) I found this gem and was salivating at the mouth. Now granted the asparagus is actually a side I came up with a year and a half ago and love it....I thought it would go nicely together.

And don't forget the wine...wine is good haha

No comments: