Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bread Pudding

This is a wet bread pudding. You are more then welcome to add a sauce but I don't think it needs it. It may enhance it but I've been so happy with it I've never made one.

Ingrediants

11 slices of white bread (some use french bread but I like just plain ol' white bread)


1 C sugar (for inside)

1/3 C sugar (for outside)

1 Large Evaporated Milk

2 Cups of Regular Vitamin D Milk (Honestly I use whatever I have on hand and its great)

4 Eggs

Teaspoon of Vanilla

1/3 C butter (melted)

A stick of butter

Small Whipping Cream

Pre-Heat oven to 350.

In a bowl place 1 C Sugar, Milk, Evaporated Milk, melted butter, eggs. Tear bread into pieces (don't have to be too small). Gently mix around. Soak for 5 minutes.

Bake 20 minutes. Take out and put oven on 450.

Pour small whipping cream all over. Cut slabs of butter all over. Then sprinkle 1/3 cup of Sugar all over.

Bake 10 more minutes.

You can turn your broiler on and brown if you want.

Also you can add in raisins or walnuts.

Generally is better the next day. Cut you a slice and heat in microwave until bubbly.

No comments: